January 16, 2014
Penne Alla Betsy
I wanted to start off 2014 right, and for me, that means some yummy comfort food. No one does comfort food like The Pioneer Woman, so after flipping through her cookbooks for a New Years Day dinner, I decided on a tried and true favorite - Penne Alla Betsy! Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure I've never shared this one with you, even though it's one of the first PW recipes I made. Feel free to sub in chicken or sausage if you're not a fan of shrimp, but make sure to whip this one up soon for some loved ones. It is so so good :)
Penne Alla Betsy
Ingredients
1 lb penne
1 lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined
2 tblsp butter
2 tblsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
14.5oz can tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
6 large basil leaves, cut in chiffonade
Salt & Pepper
Instructions
1. Cook penne as directed.
2. In skillet over medium high heat, melt 1 tblsp butter and 1 tblsp olive oil. Add shrimp and cook about 2 minutes, until cooked through. Remove to plate.
3. In large skillet over medium heat, add remaining butter and oil, heat, then add garlic and onion. Cook about 5 minutes. Pour wine into pan and cook about 1 minute. Pour in tomato sauce, stir, and reduce heat to low. Stir in cream and reduce to simmer.
4. Chop shrimp into medium sized pieces and add to sauce. Stir gently. Stir in parsley and basil. Add cooked, drained pasta. Stir gently to coat. If sauce is too thick, thin with a little milk. Season with salt and pepper.
Serves 4-6
adapted from The Pioneer Woman
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Labels:
pasta,
seafood,
the pioneer woman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment