January 13, 2014

12th Man


Early last week, Nick from work surprised me by saying he got tickets to the Seahawks playoff game, and asked if I'd be interested in going.  After about 30 minutes of internal debate {and a phone call to my mother who said I'd be stupid not to go}, I decided to accept the offer.  I mean, how often do you get to watch the Hawks in the playoffs??  Saturday morning we met up bright and early to tailgate, pre-game at a bar, and get in the stadium early to cheer on our boys.  The weather was dreadful {we picked the time it was hailing to run into the stadium} and our seats were way up in the elements by the 12th Man flag, but I wouldn't have traded any of it.  I felt like a little kid, giddy and excited, while jumping up and down and screaming til my throat hurt to cheer on the Hawks to victory over the Saints.  Now, if only I could get tickets to next week's Forty-Whiners game..... :)

 stefanie and nick running into the stadium on a beautiful day


 meeting up with stefanie and leslie pre-game


 jim zorn raising the 12th man flag


those ponchos saved us




 someone left these pompoms in the bathroom - i took it as a sign to cheer louder


 hawks win!!


thanks Nick!!

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment