A few weeks ago, Kelli came home to spend the weekend with friends and family. I had her meet me downtown after her flight {in Nordstrom, of course}, then took her to my house so she could see where I live. After spending some time walking around the garden and showing off my little cottage, I decided to take her on a happy hour tour of Ballard since it was only 4PM. First stop was The Walrus & The Carpenter, which typically has wait times that can be hours, but since we got there right when they opened, we were seated immediately on the outside patio. We each had a glass of rosé, then ordered two of my favorite things on the menu - fried oysters and smoked trout. After that, we strolled down Ballard Ave to Bastille, where we shared a little carafe of wine with moules frites. It was such a delicious afternoon {and Kelli got her seafood fix} and I love that these yummy restaurants are just minutes from my home. Thanks for the excuse to try out some great food, Kel!
our spread at w&c
mussels and fries at bastille
xoxo,
stephanie marie
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment