October 16, 2018
Grilled Apple, Cheddar, and Mustard Sandwich
How awesome is this lovely fall weather?? The temps in Seattle are a little too warm to pull out all of my favorite soup recipes, so I've been settling for delicious fall flavors in other ways. When we were up at my parents last weekend I took the opportunity to pick a ton of huge apples from their trees, so when I came back home and tried to decide what to make for dinner, I found this recipe on A Cup of Jo for Grilled Apple, Cheddar, and Mustard Sandwich that looked absolutely perfect. I bought a big loaf of fresh bread and sharp white cheddar, and all the fall flavors together make this grilled cheese 100 times better than any I've made before {and paired with a pumpkin beer, it's the epitome of fall}. If you have some apples lying around, add them to your next grilled sandwich and be prepared to fall in love :)
Grilled Apple, Cheddar, and Mustard Sandwich
Ingredients
Butter
Mayo
2 slices hearty white bread
Grainy mustard
Sharp white cheddar cheese
1/2 apple, sliced
Instructions
1. Heat frying pan to medium low heat.
2. Build sandwich - spread mustard over the insides of both slices of bread. Top one with a layer of cheese, a layer of sliced apples, and one more layer of cheese. Top with other slice of bread, mustard on the inside.
3. On outside of bread, spread butter and top with mayo to get an extra crispy crust. Place buttered side down in frying pan and add butter and mayo to top piece of bread.
4. Cook covered until lightly toasted and cheese beginning to melt. Flip sandwich to finish other side.
Serves 1
adapted from a cup of jo
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Labels:
vegetarian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment