February 2, 2022

Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls



With my quest for more easy slow cooker recipes I've been picking up Skinnytaste Fast & Slow more frequently which has so many hidden gems for easy and healthy crockpot meals.  I can't believe I haven't made these chicken burrito bowls before, but they were one of the easiest things I've made in a long time - no pre-chopping required!  They made a delicious dinner with all the toppings and excellent leftovers the next day, solidifying their place on my crockpot rotation all year long!

Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups store bought chunky medium salsa
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, rinsed and drained {or 1 1/4 cups frozen corn}
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
Burrito Bowl fixin's, including rice, shredded cheese, Greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, green onions, extra salsa, radishes, etc

Instructions
1. Season chicken with salt, put in slow cooker, and top with jarred salsa, black beans, corn, garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder.
2. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. 
3. Shred chicken in crockpot or on plate {it will fall apart so easily}.
4. Make bowls adding chicken mixture to rice and top with desired toppings.

Serves 6



xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment