January 6, 2023

New Year's Eve


New Year's Eve was a bit different this year in that I didn't stay up until midnight for the first time in my entire adult life.  We were still battling jet lag so per tradition decided to keep the day pretty low-key by running errands during the day and staying in at night.  Christian whipped up a delicious pot roast for dinner along with his famous mashed potatoes and gravy while I contributed some roasted carrots and salad to the meal.  Paired with yummy cocktails and champs throughout the night, we tried to stay up and watch a movie but by 8:30 C was ready for bed.  I stayed up a bit later watching my Bravo shows but when I realized at 10pm that I had fallen asleep on the couch, I decided to call it a night and head to bed before the fireworks.  We were both so exhausted that whatever celebrations were happening outside didn't wake us at all, but I like to think of it as not going to bed early but starting the new year well rested and ready to take on anything.  That works, right?  :)










xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment