February 22, 2018
San Francisco {Chinatown & Mister Jiu's}
A new friend of mine recently moved to Seattle from San Francisco and when I asked her where we should eat {the most important part of a vacation} she didn't hesitate in saying Mister Jiu's in Chinatown. Months ago I couldn't get a reservation, but the week before we left I randomly looked again and there was a Saturday night reservation available! Needless to say, I was stoked. We headed down to Chinatown a little early in the evening to wander around this neighborhood, and I have to say it was one of my favorites of the city. Everyone was getting ready for Chinese New Year and with the lanterns all lit up and people mingling in the middle of the crowded streets, it felt so festive and fun as we walked around during dusk. We made our way to Mister Jiu's, an upscale Chinese restaurant and were instantly seated in their main dining room. Since this place came highly recommended {and even has a Michelin star} we decided to go big and eat until we couldn't eat any more. Among the items we picked out - fermented cabbage, bbq pork buns, broccoli romanesco, steak fried rice, and half a roasted duck, accompanied by some very inventive cocktails. Dish after dish kept coming out of the kitchen to our table and by the time the duck arrived I was already stuffed but couldn't say no to the beautifully presented duck served with pancakes and peanut butter hoisin {I mean......come on!}. We practically rolled out of the restaurant both claiming it was one of the best meals we've ever had, and I could not recommend it enough to anyone traveling through San Francisco looking for a meal that will blow your mind. I seriously cannot stop thinking about it :)
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Labels:
christian,
restaurant,
travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment