February 27, 2018

San Francisco {State Bird Provisions}


When we first booked our trip to San Francisco and I began researching restaurants, the one that kept popping up as a must try was State Bird Provisions, a Michelin star restaurant in Japantown that serves inventive new American food Dim Sum style.  I was able to score a coveted reservation for Sunday night of our trip {even our Uber driver was impressed} and when we walked into the bustling restaurant and saw trays of food being plated in the open kitchen, I immediately knew we had made a good choice.  You are given a menu at your table, and as servers push carts around containing beautiful and intriguing dishes showing the price of each small plate {ranging from about $2 to $15} you can opt in and the server will mark off what you took on your menu.  You can also order from their regular menu {items that don't come out on the carts}, but besides the amazing sourdough, sauerkraut, pecorino, and ricotta pancakes {they were out of this world delicious} we stuck to the carts that kept coming out with tray after tray of delicious looking dishes.  I loved this concept so we could try as many items as we could without feeling like we couldn't move afterwards, and I wish I had the recipe for some of these awesome dishes so I could replicate them at home.  After dinner, we weren't quite ready to head back to the hotel {it was our last night, after all} so we headed next door to State Bird's {much quieter} sister restaurant, The Progress, to grab a leisurely cocktail in the bar and reminisce about our favorite parts of the trip.  If you find yourself in SF I would highly recommend trying to snag a table at State Bird - I can't wait to go back and see what new dishes they bring around :)









 oysters with chili oil and roasted root vegetables in miso


 roasted beets with goat cheese cream




 baked garlic bread roll topped with fresh burrata {OMG}


 cheesy pancakes and grilled squid


 beef chips with bone marrow


after dinner negronis

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment