January 11, 2011

Pureed Butternut Squash Soup


Inspired by Erika's yummy dinner of Cauliflower soup and the 20 minutes of snow we got on Sunday, I decided to make my own homemade soup (one of my favorite cold weather dishes).  I decided on this Pureed Butternut Squash Soup from Martha Stewart, as it seemed perfect for the chilly evening.  It filled my apartment with the delicious scent of ginger and did it's job to warm me up.  I think the leftovers the next day tasted even better than the first night - the extra 24 hours gave the soup time to thicken up a bit more.  Oh, and I'd definitely recommend half a baguette with melted white cheddar to go with it.  I can never say no to bread and cheese :)

The ingredients


Peeling and chopping the squash was the most time consuming part


Heatin' it all up on the stove


My Blender - One of my most favorite appliances

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment