So it wasn't quite the dumping of snow that the forecasters had all predicted for Seattle yesterday. At least, not what I had dressed for in my snow boots, snowboarding coat, and knit hat with ear flaps that I had to wear home on the bus while the roads were clear as can be. At least the bus was wearing chains, so I wasn't alone. But by 7PM, the snow had started to steadily fall on Green Lake and by 8, everything was white. The little kid in me wanted to run outside and build a snowman with my brother and make my dad pull me on a sled while my mom made us hot cocoa. Instead, I sat by the window and stared out at the street from my warm and cozy apartment. After all, this doesn't happen in Seattle very often.
Pictures from the real blizzard of Thanksgiving 2010
xoxo,
stephanie marie
No comments:
Post a Comment